Sunday, September 19, 2010

distractions

It seems that Spain is on a mission to prevent me from doing homework and insisting that I take more naps.  I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise that it is so difficult to find a somewhat quiet place to do homework or read.  The starbucks I attempted today was full of kids, so I decided to try to read in los jardines, which worked a little better.  It turned into an expedition trying to find a bench to sit on, and Sunday is definitely the day that everyone and their family walks or bikes in los jardines de turía.  I ended up back in my room to actually get things done.  

There's always some kind of festival happening here- today it happened to be Día de la bicicleta.  As I was walking downtown this morning there were hundreds if not thousands of people all riding their bikes down one of the main streets near my apartment.  I'm not sure where they all ended up, but it seemed like everyone who owned a bike was there.  

Right now it sounds like there is a festival happening outside my window...

No comments:

Post a Comment